welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011

Uber-Christian

So…  If I’m a fleshly person, I get the upside of a renewed spirit, but the downside of all the conflicted/stressful thoughts and emotions of a natural (unsaved) person?  That doesn’t seem like a nice place to live.

And yet, here I am.  At times, anyway. 

When I read the part about Neil asking 50 Christians (who, incidentally, were seeking help for big issues) if they suffer from inferiority, insecurity, inadequacy, guilt, worry, and doubt, I got a little miffed.  My first take was that he expects me to be an Uber-Christian (dang – how to work the oomlot?  How to spell oomlot?  Oh, umlaut – thanks, wikipedia) who has a bit of an ego problem, and is waaaay out of touch with reality.  Can I have a costume?  Do I get a cape?  But I digress…

After mulling it over, overnight, I’ve come up with this:  I will always tangle with those negative feelings from time to time.  As long as I’m here on earth, I’m not perfected yet. 

The crux is whether these are my overriding feelings about my life.  To what degree do I believe these things about myself – that I’m inferior, inadequate, insecure?  To what degree do I get bogged down in the Molasses Swamp of worry and guilt? 

How can I live above all that?  According to Neil, by denying what feels good in the moment, and investing in obedience.  By knowing God’s word and by knowing His voice.  By spending the time to understand and accept my position in Christ, and live as a child of His, not as a creature of Earth. 

I guess this means I don’t get a cool uniform…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.