welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oooooh! Neil is preaching DCAT!


God made pastors to preach the gospel, but pastors can’t be everywhere.  So he took full-time ministers, disguised them as electricians, baristas, customer service reps, and _____________ (fill in your occupation here), and spread them out into every nook and cranny of the city.  Our job as secret-agent-ministers is to spread light wherever we spend our time.

Don’t have a job outside the home?  Me neither.  So I make sure the people I do interact with on that rare, joyous occasion (Target employees all know me…) get a taste of the life and joy of serving Christ, even if I’m having a bad day.  I want to represent Him well.

But I’m not a preacher, and I’d be afraid of messing it up if I tried to lead someone to Christ! – you say.  No problem!  All you have to do is invite said co-worker (or Target employee) to visit your church with you.  You don’t have to make it about them; all you have to do is say something like this:  I’ve got the most awesome church – you might love it!  Why don’t you come with me one of these days?

One last thing…  When working at my job becomes less about me and more about what God wants to do through me, I can find joy, even when I’m folding laundry, cleaning out the fridge, or ________________ (insert that yucky part of your job here).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.