welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Helmet of salvation


According to Neil today, salvation (my helmet) was put on my head at the moment I received forgiveness from my sins.  I did nothing to put it there, only believed, and nothing I can do will forfeit it.  That’s powerful.

I love the imagery of the rebel force against the giant, evil army…  It’s the stuff of great novels and movies.  Historical, fantasy, sci-fi – it’s a formula that works. 

Unlike your typical rag-tag militia, however, we have what basically amounts to superpowers.  Yes, we are the X-Men.  (Okay, not a perfect metaphor, but go with me, will you?)  We may be outnumbered, but we’re not outgunned.    

The blood of Christ by which we were saved is the strongest thing in the universe.  It broke the power of death and sin when it was spilled on the cross. 

I love Neil’s phrases here:  The Christian warrior wears the helmet of salvation in the sense that he [or she] is the receiver and possessor of deliverance, clothed and armed in the victory of his Head, Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.