welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Armor


There’s a lot I don’t know about armor, namely, how to put it on or what it does, specifically.  I have friends in law enforcement, however – hi friends! – who rest the fate of their lives in pieces of protective gear.  Reading Neil’s entry today, one picture that came to my mind was the police officer going through the routine of putting on a utility belt, vest, and helmet…

As I read the last paragraph dealing with the language of Ephesians 6 (lots of action words), another picture came to mind:  football players, gearing up for game day.  Each team has two main parts.  One plays offense, the other defense, although the gear is pretty much the same.

As believers, it’s not enough to hang out on defense, looking to pick a pass when the opportunity arises, and gain a bit of ground.  We’re called to be on the offense, ready to march down the field. 

I’m inspired, and I’m looking forward to the next several days…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.