welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Miracles

Does God still do miracles?  What do you believe? 

I’ve known people who have said things like, I believe certain things, like miracles, happened in the Bible, but not necessarily today. 

I’ve known other people who say, God heals every time!  We just have to keep asking and have enough faith.

I’m in the middle…  I’ve seen a four-year-old boy healed from leukemia (healed, not sent into remission), and I’ve stood at the bedside of a friend dying of cystic fibrosis. 

It would be easy to say that God is random in how He answers prayers.  While not accurate, that thought hints at a larger truth:  God’s ways are so much greater, higher and better than mine that I won’t be able to comprehend them.  I’ll never get the Why behind what He does.

What I have learned is this:  I will pray for people to be healed, as Jesus told us to – ask and keep on asking, etc. – but I can’t call ultimatums like “God always heals”, nor can I stake my faith on what I want Him to do.  I can’t force Him to do anything, ever.

Matthew 7:9-11 tells me that God is a good and loving father, and that He gives good things.  Sometimes I think about how much I love my kids, and although I may not always give them what they are asking me for, I’m always looking out for the big-picture good for them.  Today, God is reminding me that He’s doing the same for me and the people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.