welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

All creation

It’s quite a picture, isn’t it?  Adam in the garden (and eventually, Eve), managing it all and enjoying it all…  When sin entered the world, it wasn’t just Adam and Eve who changed.  All creation was altered at the same time.

Neil says this:  The work of God is not just for our personal victory but for all of creation. 

The best illustration I can think of is from C.S. Lewis’ The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.  Aslan, the lion, gave himself up as a sacrifice on the stone table.  He died there, but the next morning, the deeper magic brought him back to life.

When it did, the world of Narnia began a transformation.  The White Witch had cast a spell causing it to be eternally winter (but never Christmas), and since she was a villain, she turned innocents into stone as a hobby.  But all that began to change…  Snow melted, stone creatures were freed, and winter was over.  What an image! 

Makes me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.