welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3, 2011


With great power…

One of my favorite movie scenes is from the first Spiderman movie.  Peter Parker has been bitten by that darn spider (we all knew it was coming), got sick, and eventually figured out that he had some new, um, abilities.

He knows he can do webs, but can’t figure out the mechanism, and tries everything he can think of.  Go, web!  Once he masters that, he has to learn how to use them to go swinging around the city.  Yah, funny stuff.

As Christians, if we don’t understand the power that’s been entrusted to us (say it with me:  with great power comes great responsibility), we’ll be frustrated and defeated.  Things don’t make sense until we make the discovery that our God has given us spiritual authority.  Until then, we’re Peter Parker, getting kicked around, and trying to avoid shooting webs from our wrists.

Okay, so it’s not a perfect analogy, but I think you get the idea.  And the goal isn’t the power itself, but what we can accomplish for what God wants, with it.

Thought for the day:  Satan is not an equal power with God; he is a vanquished foe.

2 comments:

  1. Today’s message reminded me of a quote from Joyce Meyer.

    "Every time God is ready to bring us up higher, there is going to be new opposition that comes up against us (New Level, New Devil)". The devil is going to try and stop us from having what God wants us to have... he's going to do whatever he can to prevent us from doing what God wants us to do. God encourages us to be steadfast, stable and determined to never give up and keep our faith.

    I get a kick out of “New Level, New Devil”, it is a catchy little phrase I remember, so when I feel that vanquished foe the devil is trying even harder to get me on some days, I can pray to remain steadfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what I hear Neil and Michele saying is that in Christ, I am Spider-Man!!! That is awesome! I knew watching all those cartoons was gonna pay off.

    Seriously, the power I have in Christ is significantly greater than little he who is in the world.

    Thank you God for that power now I pray that I grow in the responsibility that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.