welcome to connect: project 2011

This blog is a project I'm undertaking for 2011... Why don't you join me?

The goal is to spend a little time each day reading from a devotional book, Daily in Christ by Neil T. Anderson, and connecting with people via blog post and comments.

Don't have the book yet? You can find it on Amazon, or you can read the daily post at:
www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailyinchrist

Why would we do this? For me, it's to reinforce a habit I need, to own my own faith, to connect with God and what He's saying to me, and to connect with people who are hungry to know God more...

Your reasons might be some of the same as mine.

The more folks read and comment, the richer the experience will be. Join the discussion!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29, 2011


Who’s that?

So we’ve got some foundational stuff going on here today…  Not only do we have people in our lives influencing us in negative ways, we actually have Satan scheming against us.  Probably not the first time we’ve heard it, but it’s not something we think about all that often.

A while back, we learned that a great way to pray for unbelievers is to ask God to allow truth to reach them, since they are in a fog of lies from the enemy.  It’s a good reminder for us again today.

And it’s also useful to keep in mind that the negative, defeating thoughts we have aren’t necessarily from us…  They were put there by someone who’s trying to harm us.  When we can’t tell the difference between lies from the enemy and our own thoughts, he has us right where he wants us. 

Lord, may I be diligent today to hold up every thought against the truth of Your word.

1 comment:

  1. Today's devotional and Michele's post make me wonder...

    How do I know I am being lied to by my own thoughts?
    How can I tell if that thought was really my own or shot in from a "blame thrower" (from the movie Mystery Men) to bring me down?

    Ahhh, but I can know because the truth of God's word is my compass or light house in the fog of lies. When I see my thoughts filtered through the God's word it is like putting on night vision goggles or even better - X-ray vision!!

    For me to be able to compare the lies to God's truth I have to have God's word in my mind and heart not just in the Bible on the shelf.

    Thank you God for your word. Help me to long for it and study it so that I can know You and know the truth about how You think of me and not what Satan wants me to believe.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a teacher, a church administrator, and currently I'm an at-home mommy, which is my most challenging assignment yet. My home church is WellSpring - it's where my heart is, where my family is. I'm so grateful to God for His work in me and the people He's allowed me to share life with.